Last week, I received a super cute little book by the post: Edible French, Tasty Expressions and Cultural Bites* by Clotilde Dusoulier. The book is due to be released this month and I have an extra copy for you to win!!!
So what is it all about?
First things first, the author is the one and only Clotilde Dusoulier: the food writer behind the award-winning blog Chocolate & Zucchini. She is one of the wonderful bloggers who inspired me to create Croque-Maman 🙂
However in Edible French, Clotilde is not only sharing a couple of her delicious recipes, but she gives us as well another perspective on the French language through fifty of the most popular food-related idioms. Yes, indeed in France our love of food is so strong that it is literally embedded in the French language and that we use food-related idioms to describe things that have no relation whatsoever with food to start with!
My all-time favourite food-related idiom is “haut comme trois pommes” as it was something my mum used to say a lot. It stands for “three apples high” and its American equivalent seems to be “knee-high to a grasshopper” :-))) Anyway, you get it, it is generally used to describe children and it is a really sweet way to say that they are still small (and young).
To sum up, the concept is great and the watercolour illustrations, by Melina Josserand, are simply beautiful so if you want a chance to win a copy, please have a look below and enter the raffle! Fingers crossed 🙂
You may as well want to check out the micro-site Clotide created about the book, Edible French.
Edible French %MINIFYHTMLcd43d7ec5cd4481c77b75ddd68a940d816%
The prize: A copy of Edible French, by Clotilde Dusoulier, RRP £10.46
How to enter: You can enter this competition in up to 6 different ways (!!!)
- By commenting on this blog post telling me what your favourite expression/idiom is and confirming your entry via the Gleam widget mentioning the name you commented with
- By following Croque-Maman/Chocolate & Zucchini on various social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and confirming these entries via the Gleam widget
Closing date midnight 26th October, 2014. Please read the terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway is open to all readers aged 18 or over with a postal address in the UK.
- No purchase necessary.
- The winner will be chosen via Gleam using an online randomiser and his/her name will be displayed on this post. The Gleam draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 10 days another winner may be chosen. When the winner confirms his/her acceptance of the price and communicates his/her UK address, Clotilde Dusoulier’s publishing team will send out the prize.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
- No cheating please! Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified. I will check the winning entry to see that you have met the requirements.
- There are six different ways to enter as per the “How to enter” section above.
* I am a member of Amazon UK affiliate program. For more information about it, you can visit my Affiliate Disclaimer page. Please note that all opinions are my own, that I did not receive any compensation for this giveaway other than the book, that I asked for because I just thought it was too cute and I thought you would like it too 🙂