Bees for kids…
Our boys are really lucky because their granddad has recently acquired beehives!
We have learnt so much about honey bees that I have made a little recap of 5 fascinating bee facts for you to talk about with your little ones. Enjoy!
- There are 3 types of honey bees:
- Worker bees (female)
- Queen bees (female)
- Drone bees (male)
- There is only one queen bee in a beehive. She makes babies with the drone bees and gives birth to all the other bees from the beehive.
- Depictions of humans collecting honey from wild bees date to 10,000 years ago and honey is called the only food that truly lasts forever.
- Worker bees live around 6 weeks whilst a queen can live up to 6 years!
- We need to take great care of honey bees because by transferring pollen from flowers to flowers, honey bees pollinate them, which allows fruits and vegetables to grow.
Discover our rainbow organic beewax modelling clay.
It is made from beewax and food colouring… beautiful & safe for children 😉
Whose child hasn’t tried eating modelling clay?!? I even remember having tried myself Well this beautiful rainbow modelling clay is made from beeswax and food colouring making it really safe for the children to play with. The colours can be combined creating new amazing colours… a real spark for your children’s imagination.
- Does not dry, can be re-used over and over again
- Beautiful eco-friendly and safe modelling clay made from beeswax and food colouring
- Rainbow colours can be mixed
Age: from 3 years old.