Crêpes do not need any introductions, however I am sure I will surprise you with at least one (if not more) of the below 8 ways to jazz up your French pancakes!
1. Bake a “gâteau de crêpes” (French pancake cake)
Whether you go for savoury or sweet, cake is always a good idea!
- Savoury: check out the “gâteau de crêpes à la florentine” in Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Volume 1 by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, and Simone Beck
- Sweet: I came across this stunning “Dusky Caramel and Raspberry Crêpe Cake“, from Poires au chocolat oh la la…
2. Throw a “crêpe party” (French pancake party)
This kind of electric pancake makers is really popular in France when organising “crêpe party”…. yes yes not a myth 😉
3. Experiment with delicious “galettes de sarrasin” (savoury French buckwheat pancakes)
4. Organise a flipping crêpes (or crêpes flipping ;-))) competition!
5. Experiment with new fillings
6. Add colours to your crêpes
7. Go for aumônières style
8. Crêpes art anyone?