Crêpes do not need any introductions, however I am sure I will surprise you with at least one (if not more) of the below 8 ways to jazz up your French pancakes!
1. Bake a “gâteau de crêpes” (French pancake cake)
Whether you go for savoury or sweet, cake is always a good idea!
- Savoury: check out the “gâteau de crêpes à la florentine” in Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Volume 1 by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, and Simone Beck
- Sweet: I came across this stunning “Dusky Caramel and Raspberry Crêpe Cake“, from Poires au chocolat oh la la…
2. Throw a “crêpe party” (French pancake party)
This kind of electric pancake makers is really popular in France when organising “crêpe party”…. yes yes not a myth ;-)
3. Experiment with delicious “galettes de sarrasin” (savoury French buckwheat pancakes)
4. Organise a flipping crêpes (or crêpes flipping ;-))) competition!
5. Experiment with new fillings
6. Add colours to your crêpes
7. Go for aumônières style
8. Crêpes art anyone?
Finally, if you are going for American style pancakes (which we love in our house too) you could as well:
- Try fruity mini pancake stackers, by Eats Amazing
- Go bananas for #FreeFromPancakes, by Le Coin de Mel
- Enjoy healthy red velvet pancakes, by My Fussy Eater
Please note that this page includes some affiliate links and links to the boutique. For more information, please refer to the affiliate disclaimer page.