It just so happens that my husband and I love to go for cocktails during our date nights and that we have recently met a really talented French barman, Frederic Viaud. He served us delicious cocktails for our friend’s birthday party. I then asked him if he wouldn’t mind sharing with me his version of the “super maman” cocktail, which he did!
Enjoy (of course in moderation) you deserve it super maman 😉
The “super maman” cocktail by Frederic Viaud
- 1 green apple
- 1 celery bunch
- 50 millilitres fresh water
- Caster sugar
Super maman cocktail
- 20 millilitres homemade celery cordial
- 15 millilitres lemon juice + a slice to rim your glass
- 20 millilitres egg white
- 40 millilitres of your favourite gin
- Rince and dice apple and celery (discard leaves and core)
- Put diced apple, celery and water in the mixer and strain out the maximum of juice possible
- Add sugar to the juice (in a 1 to 1 proportion)
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved
- Rim a Martini glass: rub a slice of lemon on the rim of the glass and dip it into table salt.
- Pour all ingredients in your shaker, close it and give it a vigourous shake (without any ice), the egg white should start an emulsion (foaming up)
- Repeat this with your shaker filled up with cubed ice, until condensation appears on the shaker.
- Strain into a Martini glass
If you want to learn more from this great barman, Frederic has just published A First Understanding of Mixology: Handbook, which has been written with first time cocktail makers in mind as much as for people who want to improve their cocktail making skills. All the beautiful illustrations from the book have been made by Jennifer Kirkham.
This post made me think about another blogger I follow, Katie from Hurrah for Gin, you should check her out if you don’t know her already, she is really funny. Katie also published a book recently (clearly it is the way to go ;-)) – Hurrah for Gin: A book for perfectly imperfect parents.
Finally, if you have an Instagram account, go and check out Croque-Maman’s latest posts, there is a a really nice Christmas giveaway running at the moment!
Please note that this is not a sponsored post, all opinions are my own. Amazon links are affiliate as always and I may get a cocktail book for you to win in a new giveaway soon!